PRE-ORDER 2017 Garmin inReach Explorer+ Satellite Communicator plus GPS
NOTE: An active satellite subscription is required to use inReach.
Garmin's inReach Explorer+ is a satellite communicator that uses 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for 2-way messaging anywhere in the world. In case of emergency, the interactive SOS allows you to communicate back and forth and receive confirmation that help is on the way. It includes a built-in GPS that enables location tracking, a high-detail bread crumb trackback trail, plus robust navigation options such as preloaded DeLorme topographic maps, built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
Why Do You Need inReach?
If you hunt or train "away from it all," you need inReach. Lots of people misjudge the reliability of cell phone coverage in remote areas. The reality is that 90% of the earth's surface still lacks consistent cell service. Smartphones frequently do not work in remote areas or extreme weather conditions, and international roaming charges are expensive. inReach helps you stay in touch no matter where your hunting or training takes you.
Unlike many other popular emergency and satcom devices, inReach allows you to receive a delivery confirmation of your SOS distress signal and then communicate back and forth with GEOS, the search and rescue monitoring center. Many other devices can provide you with confirmation that your distress message was sent, but only inReach provides confirmation that your message was actually delivered. You will also be able to receive instructions, get ETA info and answer questions from the experts at GEOS. Plus, you can send and receive messages with your family and friends to keep them informed of your status or to make arrangements on where to meet once you're rescued.
- One SOS rescue occurs every day during peak season
- More than 60 million messages have been sent via inReach
- inReach is used in over 222 countries and territories
- Over 75% of the earth's surface has been covered by inReach track points
inReach Explorer+ Specifications and Features
100% Global Coverage with Iridium Satellite Network
- No cellular service needed
- Send an interactive SOS to GEOS, the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Send and receive text messages without cellular service to any cell phone, email address or to another inReach
- Built-in, high-sensitivity GPS that provides navigation, location and tracking data within 5 meters
- Follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a bread crumb trail
- Preloaded topographic maps, built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- MapShare website lets you track and share your location online with family and friends
- Pair with mobile devices with the Earthmate app for access to topographic maps, NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
- Additional data for hunters, such as game management units and parcel information, is available for purchase from Garmin
- Use the cloud-powered portal to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, sync and manage your device, store all your location tracking data and much more
- Dimensions: 2.7" x 6.5" x 1.5" (including belt clip)
- Display size: 2.3" (diagonal)
- Display resolution: 200 X 265 pixels
- Weight: 7.5 oz.
- Water rating: IPX7
- Waypoints: 500
- Routes: 20
- Built-In Memory: 2 GB
- Pairs with mobile devices
- Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Battery life up to 100 hours at the default 10-minute tracking mode, up to 75 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging, up to 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode and up to 3 years in standby mode