Garmin inReach Explorer+ Satellite Communicator plus GPS
inReach helps you stay in touch no matter where your hunting or training takes you.
Garmin's inReach Explorer+ is a satellite communicator that uses 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for 2-way messaging anywhere in the world. In case of emergency, the interactive SOS allows you to communicate back and forth and receive confirmation that help is on the way. It includes a built-in GPS that enables location tracking, a high-detail bread crumb trackback trail, plus robust navigation options such as preloaded DeLorme topographic maps, built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
Why Do You Need inReach?
If you hunt or train "away from it all," you need inReach. Lots of people misjudge the reliability of cell phone coverage in remote areas. The reality is that 90% of the earth's surface still lacks consistent cell service. Smartphones frequently do not work in remote areas or extreme weather conditions, and international roaming charges are expensive. inReach helps you stay in touch no matter where your hunting or training takes you.
Unlike many other popular emergency and satcom devices, inReach allows you to receive a delivery confirmation of your SOS distress signal and then communicate back and forth with GEOS, the search and rescue monitoring center. Many other devices can provide you with confirmation that your distress message was sent, but only inReach provides confirmation that your message was actually delivered. You will also be able to receive instructions, get ETA info and answer questions from the experts at GEOS. Plus, you can send and receive messages with your family and friends to keep them informed of your status or to make arrangements on where to meet once you're rescued.
- One SOS rescue occurs every day during peak season
- More than 60 million messages have been sent via inReach
- inReach is used in over 222 countries and territories
- Over 75% of the earth's surface has been covered by inReach track points
- If you determine your SOS alert isn't a true emergency, it can easily be cancelled in both paired and standalone modes.
Getting the Most from the inReach Explorer+
Connect to your PC and use the Explore portal with your Garmin inReach login
- Create Preset Messages and Quick Texts
- Link to your social media accounts
- Sync your inReach and update firmware
- Download free topo maps and U.S. NOAA charts to your mobile device with Earthmate
- Prepare multiple routes ahead of time and print maps to take on your trip
- Create color-coded waypoints for key locations and milestones
Use inReach by itself or with your mobile device using the free Earthmate app
- Send and receive text messages
- Enable tracking and transmit your location anywhere from 10 minutes to 4 hours
- Pair with your mobile device (iOS or Android) to use Earthmate
- Navigate using the easy-to-follow Map page or with full topographic maps in Earthmate
- View or create waypoints and routes
- View key trip statistics, including trip distance, maximum speed, moving average and an odometer
Keep friends and family informed with MapShare
- Give family or friends peace of mind by sharing your journey via MapShare
- Share trip details, including GPS coordinates, course, elevation and speed
- Allow others to ping inReach for your location
- Exchange messages with others via MapShare
- Embed MapShare on websites, blogs and social media
- Share your planned route, actual tracks, and waypoints
inReach Explorer Weather Forecasts
- Garmin inReach weather forecasts deliver weather details directly to your inReach
inReach Explorer+ Specifications and Features
100% Global Coverage with Iridium Satellite Network
- No cellular service needed
- Send an interactive SOS to GEOS, the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Send and receive text messages without cellular service to any cell phone, email address or to another inReach
- Built-in, high-sensitivity GPS that provides navigation, location and tracking data within 5 meters
- Follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a bread crumb trail
- Preloaded topographic maps, built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- inReach Explorer+ communicator
- Carabiner clip
- Micro USB cable
- Owner's manual
- Dimensions: 2.7" x 6.5" x 1.5" (including belt clip)
- Display size: 2.3" (diagonal)
- Display resolution: 200 X 265 pixels
- Weight: 7.5 oz.
- Water rating: IPX7 (withstands incidental water exposure; tested for submersion at one meter for 30 minutes)
- Waypoints: 500
- Routes: 20
- Built-In Memory: 2 GB
- Pairs with mobile devices through Bluetooth
- Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Battery life up to 100 hours at the default 10-minute tracking mode, up to 75 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging, up to 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode and up to 3 years in standby mode
Annual 12-month Contracts
Lower monthly fees -- Ideal for people who either plan on using their inReach all year long, or who want the peace of mind of having a continuously active SOS device.
- Ideal for year-round use and peace of mind
- 12-month contract
- Lower monthly fees
- Move up a plan at any time for free
- Initial account activation fee of $19.95
- Move down a plan at any time for $24.95
Requires only a 30-day commitment -- Allows you to pay for satellite airtime service when you need it on a rolling monthly basis. You can change plans, up or down, or suspend your service at no charge.
- Ideal for seasonal or occasional use
- Move up or down a plan for free
- Suspend your service when you dont need it
- Keep all your account data, tracks and details when suspended
- Minimum 30-day commitment
- Annual freedom program fee of $24.95
||$11.95 / Month
||$24.95 / Month
||$49.95 / Month
||$79.95 / Month
||$14.95 / Month
||$34.95 / Month
||$64.95 / Month
||$99.95 / Month
Note: Monthly plan prices do not include the federal Universal Service Fund Fee and any applicable state and local taxes. Prices subject to change. These plans are for individual consumers in the U.S. only. See inreachdelorme.com/plans for more information.