PRE-ORDER Garmin Fenix 5 GPS Watch -- Gray with Black Band
What's New in the Garmin Fenix 5 WatchBattery Performance: Up to 9 days in Smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 14 hours in GPS mode and up to 40 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
Face-It: customize the face of your Fenix with any photo from your smartphone with Garmin's Face-It app
QuickFit Bands: Compatible with Garmin Quickfit 22 Bands
Current Alpha 100 and Astro 430 handheld users will require a software update to connect to the Fenix Watch. Click here to learn how to update your Alpha software or Astro software for free.
We recommend updating the software on your Fenix 5 prior to use by downloading and installing either Garmin WebUpdater or Garmin Express.
The Fenix 5 GPS Watch from Garmin is thin and lightweight while offering feature sets for fitness training plus feature sets for outdoor navigation. Access to the Connect IQ platform allows customization of watch faces, data fields, widgets and activities.
Fenix 5 Features
When connected to your Garmin Astro 430 or Alpha 100 via Bluetooth, see dog tracking information on your watch.
Elevate wrist heart rate technology measures heart rate at the wrist
Built-in activity profiles and performance metrics plus smart notifications
Fitness training features like advanced running dynamics with vertical oscillation and vertical ratio, VO2 max, recovery advisor and more
Outdoor navigation features like 3-axis compass, altimeter and barometer, TracBack feature
Connect IQ compatibility for customized apps, widgets, watch faces and data fields
Fenix 5 Includes
Fenix 5 gray watch with black band
USB charging / data cable
Quick start manual
Striking Design, Strong Performance
Beat yesterday all day, every day. Fenix 5 is the premium multisport GPS watch with wrist-based heart rate, advanced fitness features and interchangeable bands that let you go from workplace to workout without breaking stride. Whatever sport you want to track, Fenix 5 has it covered, thanks to built-in activity profiles and performance metrics plus smart notifications.
Advanced Fitness Metrics
- Fenix 5 is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The first is the VO2 max estimator. When used with a heart rate monitor, Fenix 5 crunches data, including your running speed, beats per minute and heart rate variability to estimate the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a Race Predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
- Fenix 5 incorporates sophisticated Garmin running watch feedback on your running form by reporting multiple metrics. When used with the HRM-Run monitor, Fenix 5 reports your cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time. These metrics are called running dynamics, and they affect your running economy.
- The Fenix 5 isn't just for running; special feature sets help swim training and skiing too. Borrowing from the Garmin Swim, Fenix 5 tracks your distance, pace, stroke count and more. You just tell Fenix 5 the size of the pool you're swimming in and begin your workout. Ski/Board mode puts speed, distance, vertical drop and an automatic run counter (with Auto Pause for the lift line) and more at your fingertips. You can even use your Fenix 5 as a glove-friendly remote, via ANT+, for the VIRB and VIRB Elite action cameras.
Navigate Your Way
- No other navigator GPS plus ABC (altimeter, barometer and compass) wristwatch offers you the combined training functions and Garmin's leading GPS technology. Fenix 5 provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you on and off the beaten track. Its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes.
- It allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint, or a campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. With Fenix 5, you can create and follow courses and mark up to 1,000 locations and navigate to them.
- Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using BaseCamp.
Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
- Fenix 5 is equipped with ABC sensors to provide relevant real-time information. The built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure.
- The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you're moving or not.
- Fenix 5 auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto sets the time based on location.
- For an extremely accurate temperature reading, pair it with Garmin's Tempe External Temperature Sensor.
Custom Apps and Watch Faces
Personalize Fenix 5 with free downloads from Garmin's Connect IQ store. You can customize your watch face, add data fields and get apps and widgets that provide information at a glance.
You can also download the free Garmin Face-It watch face app to customize your Fenix with any photo from your smartphone. Just download the app, choose an image from your photo library, adjust the style for time and set it as your watch's face. Whether it's a scenic view from your last hike or a picture of your new puppy, with Garmin you can add personality to your watch that's uniquely you.
Smart Notifications lets you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch, even if you're on the trail. Fenix 5 receives the wireless signal from a compatible iPhone 4s (or newer) or Android smartphone and lets you know you have a message, displaying the text on its own screen whenever you're ready to read it.
Physical and Performance:
Maps and Memory:
- Watch Face Size: 1 7/8"
- Dimensions: 1.9" x 1.9" x 0.6"
- Display Size: 1.2"
- Resolution: 240 x 240
- Band width: 7/8"
- Weight: 3.0 oz
- Negative display mode
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Battery life: Up to 2 weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 24 hours in GPS mode and up to 75 hours in UltraTrac battery saver mode
- Water rating: 10 ATM
- High-sensitivity GPS / GLONASS receiver
- Barometric altimeter
- Electronic compass
- Smart notifications (displays email, text and other alerts when paired with your compatible phone)
- Choose vibration or tone alert
- Music control
- Find my phone
- VIRB control
- Watch functions: Time of day (12/24h), calendar (day/date), daily alarm, stop watch, timer, sunrise/sunset alerts
- 64 MB built-in memory (54 MB available)
- 1000 waypoints/favorites/locations
- 30 routes
- Compatible with Garmin Quickfit 22 Bands
- Connect IQ app support (watch faces, data fields, widgets and apps)
- EXO antenna (GPS/GLONASS)
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE
- Weather alerts
- Tempe Sensor support
- Physiological measurements
- Dog Tracking when used with the Astro 430 or Alpha 100
- Hunting/fishing calendar
- Sun and moon information
- Virtual Pacer (compares current pace to target)
- V02 max estimate
- Recovery advisor
- Race predictor
- Running dynamics
- Accelerometer (calculates distance for indoor workouts without need for a foot pod)
- Personal records
- Compatible with Vector
- Multiple bike profiles
- Optional bike speed/cadence sensor (sold separately)
- Virtual Partner (train against a digital person)
- Virtual Racer (compete against other activities)
- Auto pause (pauses and resumes timer based on speed)
- Auto multisport (switch sport modes with 1 button press)
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts)
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace)
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals)
- Heart rate-based calorie computation
- Calculates calories burned
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness)
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Stroke type identification (e.g. freestyle)
- Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Swim workouts
Activity Tracking Features:
- Measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course)
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green)
- Yardage to layups/doglegs
- Digital scorecard
- Step counter
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)